Current Opennings: IMR Manager
THETA Uganda is a registered Ugandan non-governmental organization dedicated to improving the health of Ugandans by promoting collaboration between the Traditional and Biomedical health Systems. THETA’s focus is to build and support long term in-depth relationships between traditional and formal health care systems and operates closely with the district leadership to implement activities through the existing community structures and networks
THETA Uganda is an equal opportunities organization and is seeking for qualified, self motivated and competent individuals to fill the following position;
|Position ||Integrative Medicine Research (IMR) Manager|
|Reports to ||Executive Director|
|Minimum Qualifications ||Bachelors Degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBchB) . A Masters Degree in Health Sciences related discipline will be an added advantage.|
|Minimum Experience ||5-10 years experience in program implementation in health work related, Physician, or medical officer, and at least 3 years experience at senior management level|
|Workstation ||Kampala |
|Terms of Service ||3 Year Contract Renewable |
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, review and supervise technical programmes of medical centre for effective delivery of quality integrative medicine services and other health interventions
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans, budgets and reports for the department
- Lead Implementation of integrative medicine research agenda of THETA.
- Develop and set performance indicators and targets for staff in the IMR department
- Plan and ensure effective implementation of strategic plan related to IMR department
- Lead in resource mobilisation for the IMR department
- Inspire linkages and synergies with THETA’s partners in programme support and implementation
- Actively participate in fundraising, annual planning, budgeting and budget management
- Regularly update the Executive Director on the progress of department’s activities.
- Review programme as necessary to adapt to changes in work and external environment
- Conduct Bi-annual and annual performance appraisals for directly supervised staff and provide periodic feedback to the Executive Director on their performance
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter with copies of academic certificates, indicating 3 professional referees by 26th August 2016, 5:00PM, to; The Human Resource Officer, THETA Uganda, Plot 724/5 Mawanda Road – Kamwokya, P.O Box 21175, Kampala, Email: email@example.com
Note: Please indicate Job title as subject of the email.